More on Love and Loss

One of my friends passed away yesterday, apparently from an illness/infection that developed very quickly. I'm not sure of the facts because we were not close friends – it's more like her husband is a good friend of my husband's and, through him, mine too.

She's gone – suddenly, in her 40's I think. It seems to have been so quick that she may not have had time to think about what was happening to her. But her husband is here, suddenly alone. They found each other a bit late in life, about 5 or 6 years ago, and were so happy together. They made some fairly drastic changes in their lives so they could be together. I feel sad that after all that, they had only a few short years together.

But then I think – can happiness, joy, love me measured in years? She was so happy to have found him, so happy to share her life with him. They were able to cross the hurdles in their way to be together. They were there for each other for 5 or 6 whole years. That's no small thing. She found happiness and joy and lived the life she wanted. That is a good life.

I trust that she is at peace as she embarks on the next part of her journey. And I pray that her husband finds peace too, in time, and some satisfaction in the fact that he brought her so much happiness.

1 comment:

  1. My heartfelt sympathy and deepest condolences on the loss. May she RIP. Beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete