Some re-affirmations for 2009

The Four Agreements, based on Toltec wisdom, as enumerated by Don Miguel Ruiz:
1. Be impeccable with your word. This one is about integrity and using the power of speech for good.
2. Don’t take anything personally. The way people behave with you says more about them than it does about you. Don’t take on other people’s opinions of you as your own opinion of yourself (or of anyone or anything else). Judge for yourself.
3. Don’t make assumptions. Find out how things really are – don’t jump to conclusions.
4. Always do your best. Do the best you are capable of at any given moment and then move on – don’t stop to judge yourself since you have already done your best.
The explanations are loosely based on what I remember from Don Miguel Ruiz’s book. For a better understanding, do read the book for yourself (don’t rely on my paraphrasing): The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz. Visit the author’s website.


The 5 Reiki principles:
Just for today –
1. I will count my blessings.2. I will not worry.
3. I will not be angry.
4. I will do my work honestly.
5. I will honour my teachers and elders, and be kind to all living beings.For a discussion of the first four principles, check out newer posts in this blog
.
And, finally, a new year resolution taken from my own “other blog:”

I resolve to live in the awareness that I am connected to all other human beings, irrespective of nationality, ethnicity, race, religion, and all the other divisions we have created in this world…
For inspiration, I turn to this quote from Sufi Master Vilayat Inayat Khan, courtesy the blog Inspirations and Creative Thoughts:

when one's consciousness is no longer tied
to a particular being
consequently one extends one's consciousness
from the cause of one's being to that of all,
all beings!

3 comments:

  1. very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Debb,
    Thanks for your comment. A kind word is always much appreciated on this blog. :)
    Pamposh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you also to my Facebook friends, who posted these comments (on Facebook):
    Snimer: words to remember and live by - thanks for posting these.
    Chiqui: Thanks for reminding me!!! I will not worry. I will not worry...
    Irum: Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts.
    Anindita: Happy new year! loved the re-affirmations note…

    ReplyDelete